A mildly boring disclaimer from me

This blog is intended to share my personal weight loss/self-improvement journey with other people who may have had the same struggles or just need a little nudge in the right direction. I am not a professional or an expert on the matter. I AM an expert on myself, though, and I know what has and does work for me. Interested? Stay tuned... this is gonna be GREAT!

Friday, February 19, 2010

OK, the "Sigh"- Explained

You've heard me mention in a few posts something about "eating to the sigh."  Here's what I mean. 

I heard/read several years ago that when you are physically full, you will sigh, and anything eaten past the sigh is considered overeating.  I have no scientific basis for this, no citing available, and frankly, it could be a crock.  But, it makes sense to me, so I use it.  I re-implemented this into my eating plan a few weeks ago, and it was so hard to do at first.  I would fly right past the sigh and never even notice it.  Then, one day, I felt my body take that deep breath and sigh, and I pushed my plate away.  It didn't happen immediately, but it DID happen.  And now, my brain automatically waves the caution flag when I sigh.  It has happened when I've been in the middle of shoveling my last piece of pasta (whole wheat, of course) in my mouth, and I have literally spit that bite into a napkin and thrown it away. Extreme? Perhaps...but, that's just how I roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment