A mildly boring disclaimer from me

This blog is intended to share my personal weight loss/self-improvement journey with other people who may have had the same struggles or just need a little nudge in the right direction. I am not a professional or an expert on the matter. I AM an expert on myself, though, and I know what has and does work for me. Interested? Stay tuned... this is gonna be GREAT!

Friday, March 26, 2010

Accountability

I balked at the idea that I needed someone to hold me accountable for a long time.  I argued that I was strong-willed and disciplined enough to get it done, since "I hold myself to such high standards."   Yet I continued to let myself down and would eventually give up.

I tried the online programs."Jot this here- record this there." It wasn't enough.  I needed an actual physical person to hold me accountable.

Enter Casey G.

I think God put us on the same path at the same time knowing we'd need each other to pull through the tough times in the weight-loss valley. (I mean, let's face it.  This is a MAJOR life change!)   There were moments when I felt like a mule being pulled by a rope.  When things got hard, when schedules got tested, when anything even remotely when sour, I mentally wanted to give up.  In those moments of weakness, I wasn't thinking about how much I was letting myself down; I was thinking about how I would be letting her down.  I had the desire; I had the motivation; and then I had a teammate that was counting on me just as much as I was counting on her.

In the beginning, it was a necessity for us to schedule our workouts together- it held our feet to the fire.  As busy as we both are, we made it work.  I am very grateful for that, because since we laid that firm foundation, my workouts have become an important part of my life- not just in a physical way.  It is excellent stress-management for me and an excellent way for me to take my frustrations out in a positive manner.  I NEED my workouts almost as much as I need my morning coffee. LOL. 

My challenge to you this weekend is to think of someone you have discussed your weight dissatisfaction with and see if you can get together just one time this weekend for 30 minutes. 
The other challenge I have for you is get dressed and get those tennis shoes within 15 minutes of waking up.  That makes a HUGE difference in my day.  (Why, I don't know. Just try it. LOL) 

Let's do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment