A mildly boring disclaimer from me

This blog is intended to share my personal weight loss/self-improvement journey with other people who may have had the same struggles or just need a little nudge in the right direction. I am not a professional or an expert on the matter. I AM an expert on myself, though, and I know what has and does work for me. Interested? Stay tuned... this is gonna be GREAT!

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tomorrow Tells All!

Tomorrow, I weigh in.  After a week of workouts, water-drinking, and watched calories, I hope the scale will offer me a small reward.  I felt thinner today, but I was wearing a new shirt, and that always happens to me when I wear new clothes.  Maybe I just stand a little taller. 

Last night, I kind of made a mistake, but I knew what I was doing was wrong, so I guess I made a bad decision.  I went to a meeting after work, rushed home, donned my uniform, and headed to the gym prepared for an all-out sweat fest. But, I had not eaten dinner. 

I ran on the treadmill for what felt like an hour but was only ten minutes.  And my body was so tired! So I bailed (and scoffed at my 60 calories burned) and went to the exercise bike.  Twenty minutes in, I was beyond exhausted.  I started to get angry with my body when I realized I hadn't given it any food to fuel this excursion.  I hadn't eaten since a small snack at 3:00, and it was nearing 8:00pm.  Sometimes I wonder if I should be left alone with myself. 

So, there's another lesson for you, dear readers.  Even someone who has been at this for two and a half years forsakes their own rules.  Never leave town on an empty tank, and never work out on an empty stomach. 

I'm hoping for a one-pound weight loss tomorrow.  Judging by the calories in vs. calories out, I might accomplish that.  If not?  Back to the science lab to examine my Petri dish and adjust accordingly.

PS:  The cake was a hit at work!  And I didn't secretly hope everyone who ate my favorite cake choked on it. Progress!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment