A mildly boring disclaimer from me

This blog is intended to share my personal weight loss/self-improvement journey with other people who may have had the same struggles or just need a little nudge in the right direction. I am not a professional or an expert on the matter. I AM an expert on myself, though, and I know what has and does work for me. Interested? Stay tuned... this is gonna be GREAT!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

What Has Gotten into Me?

Folks, I don't know what's going on with me, but I am DRAINED.  Every night when I get home, the only thing I want to do is take a nap.  I don't have that luxury due to dinner prep, cleaning, homework, etc.  Every now and then, I might take a cat-nap while the kids are playing, but I am having the hardest time pulling myself up by my boot-straps and get moving.  I haven't been to the gym at all this week, and last weekend I ate like a fool while I was in KC visiting my sister.  If I maintain my weight, it will be divine intervention, for sure.

Tonight, I cleaned for an hour and worked up a little bit of a sweat, so I'll give myself points for that, and I played guitar with the kiddos for a while.  Yes, I'm grasping at straws, here, but I am proud of myself for not sitting still all night like I wanted to.

My slip-up in KC has left me craving sweets again, so that battle continues.  It was too soon in my sugar-fast to introduce them back into my diet, and I knew that, but I took a chance anyway.  Deep sigh. 

But, that's where I am today! And tomorrow is a new day to begin again.  I knew this was going to be tough, and I knew my journey wasn't over.  I'll get there, and so will you.  Let's just keep putting one foot in front of the other and pushing toward the goals at hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment