A mildly boring disclaimer from me

This blog is intended to share my personal weight loss/self-improvement journey with other people who may have had the same struggles or just need a little nudge in the right direction. I am not a professional or an expert on the matter. I AM an expert on myself, though, and I know what has and does work for me. Interested? Stay tuned... this is gonna be GREAT!

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Staying Motivated

I don't have much time, here, but one question I get asked all the time is how I stay so motivated.  It's very easy. I don't ever want to feel the way I did physically when my "start" pictures were snapped, and I don't ever want to feel the shock and disgust with myself when I actually SAW myself as I was in those pictures.  Physically, I hurt all over! My back hurt, my hips hurt, my knees hurt, my feet hurt.... over 100 extra pounds on a 5'4" frame is not a good thing, y'all!  So, when I started this thing, it had nothing to do with vanity. It was strictly a rescue mission from a life lived with pain. When I saw the pictures, it all snapped together.  "That's WHY I hurt all the time."  Since I am a big weenie and hate being in pain, I was almost relieved because I knew there was something I could do to alleviate my discomfort.  So I got busy. 

Staying motivated:  #1-the key is taking this thing one day at a time. 
Divide your journey into small increments.  Give yourself "easily" attainable goals.  If 10 pounds is to much to comprehend, then go with 5 first.
Build up some confidence in yourself!  If you're like I was, you lost the ability to trust and believe in yourself a long time ago. 
DO NOT WEIGH EVERY DAY.  Once a week, y'all...once a week!  I weigh every Wednesday morning. 
Find someone to share this journey with you. Many of you are using me right now, and I am truly honored and humbled by that!  I'm more than happy to hold your hand and walk beside you! And know that no subject or question is off limits.  Like I've said before- been there/done that; so don't feel bad if you have to call and sob because you had a binge fest or after all of your work, the scale didn't budge.  Progress is our goal.  And even if you're weight doesn't shift in the next week or two, know that you are making excellet progress in your lifestyle. 

As for me, today??  I'm wearing my goal jeans. Size 12 baby!  And now?  Oh the places we'll go!  LET'S ROLL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment