A mildly boring disclaimer from me

This blog is intended to share my personal weight loss/self-improvement journey with other people who may have had the same struggles or just need a little nudge in the right direction. I am not a professional or an expert on the matter. I AM an expert on myself, though, and I know what has and does work for me. Interested? Stay tuned... this is gonna be GREAT!

Monday, May 9, 2011

Who's with me??

I'm going down another ten pounds. Who's with me?

Here's what we're going to do:
*Increase our water intake to 64 ounces per day.
*Work out 4 times a week
* Cut calories (Need to know what to shoot for? Go to http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm), monitor portion control, and eat to the sigh.
*Break the habit of emotional/comfort eating. (Chew gum or drink water when the afternoon munchies attack)

Remember, the first week is going to be the easiest and the toughest at the same time for different reasons. It will be easy because you're all jacked up and super stoked about attacking the monster again. But it will be VERY TOUGH to hold your feet to the fire! Change sucks sometimes! :)  Find a workout buddy or someone to lean on when you're in the midst of a craving.  Pick someone you can be real with and who will be gracious yet firm to the goals you set with each other. 

Ten pounds- we "got" this in the BAG!!  Where are your shoes?  Dust off your water bottle, and load up the MP3 player.  We have some sweating to do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment