A mildly boring disclaimer from me

This blog is intended to share my personal weight loss/self-improvement journey with other people who may have had the same struggles or just need a little nudge in the right direction. I am not a professional or an expert on the matter. I AM an expert on myself, though, and I know what has and does work for me. Interested? Stay tuned... this is gonna be GREAT!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

So NOW what do you do?

I threw down the challenge to lose ten pounds about two weeks ago, right?  I've been drinking water, watching what I eat, working out, and guess what!!  No weight loss in two weeks. None. I've been consistently keeping my caloric intake around 1500-1600 calories, working out, drinking water, and there were no results.

"But Tami, you've been trying so hard!" Yes, but I haven't been hitting it as hard as I could. I haven't eliminated all of my "bad foods" from my eating plan; I haven't drank 80+ ounces of water today. I'm pretty happy with my workout frequency,  but I can see now that I haven't been giving it the fore-thought or attention it needs, either. I've been going through the motions, and it was evident on the scale this morning.  My focus has not been where it needs to be. 

I am not surprised by this at all, actually.  There are so many things you can do halfheartedly and skate by, but weight loss isn't one of them, and I know that!  I know I can't eat sweets right now, and I've done it anyway. I know where I need to keep my heart rate, and I've been blowing right past my fat-burn zone into conditioning mode.  I know I need at least 80 ounces of water a day to keep myself well hydrated, and I've been settling for 50-60.  I know this stuff like the back of my hand. And yet, I didn't give it everything I had.  It's time to shift out of neutral and into drive.  No more coasting, no more letting time pass me by. No more self-defeating...  It's time to engage. 

Tonight, instead of running for 30 minutes (which jacks my heart rate up outside of my fat-burn zone), I ran 1.5 miles and went to the exercise bike and pulled 4.5 miles in. 
#1- I kept my heart rate in the fat burn zone.
#2- I switched up my routine.
#3- I chose the bike for max calorie burn for my time. (out of the treadmill, elliptical, and bike, the bike is a better choice for max calorie burn.)
#4- I increased my workout time slightly. 
#5- I still got my "fix" for running and conditioning. Win/win!


If this was you, what would you do?  If you are continuing to do the same thing over and over again and getting no results, are you going to stick with the same routine and hope that maybe NEXT time it will work?  How much more time will you waste on that which isn't working for you? 

You're worth it; you deserve it; you want it, now GO GET IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment